Nous sommes désolés. Le contenu de cette page n'est présentement disponible qu'en anglais.
Kirk acts for several insurers, defending bodily harm and property damage claims within his insurance claim defense practice.
He advises clients in a number of different areas of insurance, including:
- coverage opinions
- directors’ and officers’ liability insurance
- cybersecurity insurance
Kirk represents insurance brokers, financial advisors, mortgage brokers, engineers, healthcare professionals and public servants defending professional liability claims.
- Acting for insurers in defending all manners of insurance claims.
- Acting for professionals in defending professional liability claims.
- Acting for corporations with respect to directors' and officers liability insurance.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, County of Carleton Law Association
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- Part-time Professor, Insurance Law, University of Ottawa
- President, Board of Directors, Citizen Advocacy of Ottawa, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people with disabilities participate fully in community life
- Ottawa Representative, BLG National Pro Bono Committee
Awards & Recognitions
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2024 edition (and since 2019) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Insurance Law) and in the 2020, 2022, 2023 and 2024 editions (Personal Injury Litigation).
- Recognized in the 2023 edition (and since 2020) of The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Litigation - Commercial Insurance, Personal Injury).
Bar Admission & Education
Université Queen’s, 1997
Université Queen’s, 1993