Nous sommes désolés. Le contenu de cette page n'est présentement disponible qu'en anglais.
Ron’s practice focuses on complex commercial disputes in both the private and public sectors. This includes:
- contractual and shareholder disputes
- liability of accountants, lawyers, directors and officers
- corporate governance issues
- fraud and misconduct investigation and recovery
Ron has extensive experience in the hospital/healthcare sector, including corporate governance issues.
He has appeared as counsel at all levels of court in Ontario and before the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Chartered Professional Accountants – Ontario – Comprehensive update of governing documents including Member and Student discipline process.
- Acts for Private and Public Sector clients in internal misconduct/malfeasance investigations and related litigation.
- Commission counsel on the Arar Inquiry – appointed senior legal counsel to Justice Dennis O’Connor in the Arar Inquiry – Policy Review.
- Commission counsel on the Walkerton Inquiry – appointed Commission Counsel to Part II (Policy Review) of the Walkerton Inquiry.
- Acts for hospitals and other public sector clients on corporate governance issues and litigation.
- Acts for clients on issues and claims relating to the accounting profession, including issues of accountants’ professional responsibilities.
Beyond our Walls
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- Associate member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, 2009-present
- Course instructor, Trial Advocacy, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2005-present
- Chair of the Board of Directors of ALS Canada 2017-2019
- Chair, BLG Toronto office Pro Bono Committee, 2006-2019
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2024 edition (and since 2012) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Corporate and Commercial Litigation)
- Martindale-Hubbell® BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5 Peer Review Rated
Bar Admission & Education
Faculté de droit Osgoode Hall de l'Université York, 1985
Université de Toronto, 1982