Win or lose, an appeal often follows. Appeals pose a unique challenge for clients: court rules, expected procedure and advocacy style—both written and oral—differ from hearings in the trial court. Having experienced appellate counsel is critical to effective representation on appeal.
We provide creative, collaborative and practical advocacy to our clients who look to us to represent their interests on appeal.
Our Appellate Advocacy Group has the broadest appellate and Supreme Court experience of any firm in Canada, and includes:
- former appellate judges from the Supreme Court of Canada and the Ontario and British Columbia Courts of Appeal
- former judicial law clerks from all levels of court and across the country
We are unparalleled in our leading performance before the Supreme Court and appellate courts. Our appellate litigators provide reliable and trusted counsel in the most complex cases, including:
- constitutional law
- class actions
- product liability
Our lawyers have:
- represented appellants, respondents and intervenors in appeals, judicial reviews and constitutional “reference” questions
- assisted other firms in preparing their appeals
- provided clients with opinions on various appellate issues