Justine provides timely, thorough and effective advice and representation to provincially and federally regulated employers in all areas of labour and employment law, including:
- Labour relations, union organizing, certification, collective bargaining, grievances, mediation and arbitration proceedings
- Human rights, accommodation and pay equity compliance and litigation
- Occupational health and safety compliance and litigation
- Employment litigation, including wrongful, constructive, unjust and group dismissal disputes
- Workplace agreements, policy, and procedure review, drafting and implementation
- Workplace hiring, performance management, disability management, discipline, and dismissal issues and litigation
- Workplace investigations
- Workplace restructuring and business transaction issues
- Workers’ compensation compliance and litigation
- Privacy compliance and litigation
Justine has assisted employers with matters before all three levels of court in Alberta, the Supreme Court of Canada, the Alberta Labour Relations Board and other administrative tribunals, commissions and boards, and in mediation and arbitration proceedings.
Justine acts for employers in a wide variety of industries including aviation, transportation, energy, health care and related health services, education, manufacturing, construction, information technology, banking, financial and professional services. She also acts for government entities and First Nations.